|In-China itinerary (click to zoom)|
**** ♥ ****
|Full travel itinerary (click to zoom)|
Before I get to the itinerary, I just have to share that this is not the time for my husband's car to break down several days prior to our trip! He could not get his car out of Park so I dropped him off at work and he arranged for a tow truck to take the car to the dealership. Since we share a tight common driveway with our neighbors, the tow truck guy asked me to help him pull the car out of the garage by steering the wheel while he gently towed. I was so happy to see him leave so I could continue with my errands for the day! What we were NOT happy with was the cost of the replacement shifter assembly! :O Why now???
Our final travel conference call went well today. It took about 45 minutes but we didn't offer many questions (Dave asked one) as we had about 20 minutes to review the 29-page Final Travel Packet! I was so excited to finally see our travel itinerary, which has been abridged below. I think this is our longest "vacation" ever!! Goodnight!
Wed. 02.22 -- Leave U.S. (morning) for Beijing.
Thu. 02.23 -- Arrive in Beijing (afternoon):
- Meet with Beijing guide.
- Check in at the Crowne Plaza Wangfujing Hotel. Free time.
- Tiananmen Square.
- Forbidden City.
- Hutong Tour.
- Optional acrobatics show.
- Great Wall.
- Meet with agency representative and her assistant in Zhengzhou.
- Check in at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Today is the big day as we will finally have our son in our arms!!
- Sign the Guardianship Agreement (afternoon).
- Take Registration Certificate photos at local photo shop.
- Return to the hotel. Meet with agency rep to prepare registration paperwork.
- Take a bus to the registration office to complete the Adoption Registration (morning).
- Go to the provincial notary office to complete the notary interview.
- Rest or optional group shopping trip to the Lotus Center or Wal-Mart (afternoon).
Thur. 03.01 -- Free time or rest. Optional tours maybe available.
- Receive your notary documents (afternoon).
- Receive your child’s passport.
- Meet with agency rep.
- Leave Zhengzhou (early evening) for Guangzhou on China Southern.
- Check in at the China Hotel in Guangzhou.
- Take bus to Shamian Island to complete child’s visa physical and visa photo taken this morning.
- Meet with agency reps to prepare paperwork for the Consulate Appointment.
Mon. 03.05 -- Consulate Appointment:
- Agency rep to deliver visa packets to the U.S. Consulate Adoption Unit (morning).
- Go to the U.S. Consulate to take the oath (afternoon).
Wed. 03.07 -- Depart Guangzhou for Hong Kong via train:
- (Typically, families would be departing Hong Kong for the USA but we’re extending our trip to meet with family.)
- Check in at the Butterfly on Prat Boutique Hotel.